Friday, August 5, 2011

Making Bracelets

I have ventured off into the world of jewelry...About a year ago, I purchased a bracelet made from old jewelry parts. A short time later, I received a gift from Anthropologies of a bracelet made similar but different. Each with their own creative style, inspired me to make a couple myself.

I looked for old bracelets for the base, but these were hard to find and costly. I googled the internet until I found plain metal wrist bands that were made for crafting. I took one of these bands and wrapped them with a wide ribbon. Making sure to cover the end pieces. You can see where I folded the ribbon around the end to cover the metal. Completed ribbon wrapping....I found that you could use E6000 or hot glue, either working well. Started with a doilie as the base of the design.When I started assembling different pieces of jewelry, I changed out the doilie for another color. It was fun adding the found pieces of jewelry, buttons, etc. Making your own design. Here is my first completed bracelet…bracelet1bracelet2

No comments:

Post a Comment