Monday, July 20, 2009

New England Blueberry Coffee Cake

Been talking about the blueberry muffin recipe that I found on Martha Stewart, but this beats them the muffins and any other recipe that I have tried or tasted....Dave found this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch Blue Plate Special Recipe Book. I wanted to share this with you. You have to try this one!
New England Blueberry Coffee Cake

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 T. Baking Powder

1 t Cinnamon

1/2 t. Salt

1 1/2 cup blueberries

1 egg

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine dry ingredients together; gently fold in blueberries and set aside. Whish egg, milk and butter together in a small mixing bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring carefully. pour into a greased 8"x8" baking pan; sprinkle with topping. Bake at 425 degres for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 servings.


Topping:

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

1T. all purpose flour

Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Combine ingredients, mix well.


Let me say.....this is the best coffee cake I have ever had in my life. WalMart has some of the best blueberries that I have ever bought fresh. Especially good for this part of the country. Usually, they are sour and tart. But these are sweet and taste like blueberries should! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment