Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Silver Bella 2010


Just returned from Silver Bella...my first time to attend and my first trip to Omaha, Nebraska. It snowed while we were there. It was beautiful huge flakes. Three packed days of classes in painting, jewelry making, and a crafty tree project. Met many new friends and got to enjoy the company of some old friend
When Sheryl & I discovered Lisa Kaus, our favorite artist and teacher was going to be there....no doubt, we were going!
Here she is showing a technique in class...such a great teacher!

Sheryl and I made bookmarks to give to everyone there...I think we made 150 of them.

I participated in the canvas swap...we were paired up and made a canvas for the other person.
Below is the canvas that I made for the swap. Mine was done on the reverse side of the canvas. I used alot of vintage buttons and sheet music for accent.
I didn't finish either jewelry projects in the two classes that I took. The teachers were excellent, however, there was not enough time, the lighting was terrible for working with tiny beads, and it was crowded at the tables. So, hopefully, I will get those projects finished soon.  A really easy and stress free class, was making Christmas tree from old wooden spools. They turned out really cute.
More to come later!

3 comments:

  1. Teresa I do hope you get to come up to OKC on saturday. Should be a fun day!
    It was great to meet all of you gals from Duncan! I still have not been able to post about Silver Bella and I have so much to talk about but I need to get this weekend and thanksgiving behind me first. I will though I promise.
    See you gals Saturday with Glitter ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiufl.

    Just like you dear Teresa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister were just delightful, Teresa! I am so glad I got to be in class with the two of you! Got you on my Google Reader and I am going to keep track of you!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete