Monday, October 29, 2012

Glitter Market

This past weekend I went to Oklahoma City to the Glitter Market. This is a small event every year just at the beginning of the holiday season. This was started by the gals at the Paper Crown, one of the best little scrap book stores around.  There is always a line of people to get in and I met some of the nicest people & made new friends standing in this line. As I have went through the past few years, I have been so fortunate to get to know many of these artist. They inspire me and give me just a good feeling inside when I see their smiling faces and their creations.
The talented artist that makes the jewelry that I love is Charlotte Perez. I met her two years ago at the Guilded Life in Dallas, Tx. She was a vendor there and I couldn't get over her work. I bought a couple pieces then and continue to buy more and more. I can't get enough of her jewelry. Not only do I love her jewelry, I love this creative woman. I look forward to going to Spellbound in California with her in a couple weeks and getting to know her better.  This is the piece I bought....beautiful, huh?
This beautiful journal was done by Robin Thomas, a talented friend I have come to know from Oklahoma City. I met her at Silver Bella, in St. Louis, a few years ago. I felt lucky to purchase this beautiful piece of work from her. She and I will be flying to Spellbound together in a couple weeks.
It seems like every year, Jackie Peters draws a crowd. The minute the door opens, everyone rushes to her table and good luck getting anything. Seriously, people start grabbing it up like its Black Friday at Walmart. You could understand if you saw her work. I read her blog, Good Grief Girdie and never cease to be amazed at her talents. She teaches many classes at Paper Crown. I had eyed these creations on her blog. So very glad that I got one.
This year there was a few new vendors....and I especially loved this one, the artist were Arlene Jacobs & Kay Tanger. They made these these beautiful cakes & angels of paper.

How lucky can I be...I love being with these beautiful creative souls, inspiring me to create. I want to mention a few more of the folks in this event that I cannot leave out....I will cover then in my next post. 

And at the end of the day...I come home to Dad being in a distressed state with his breathing. Dave & I tried to convince him to go to hospital. He would not. So, the next morning, we insisted he had to go. Once again...he is admitted for pneumonia. Keep my sweet Daddy in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment