Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fox Hollow Studio

This is my 1st time to participate in Where Bloggers Create. Our wonderful hostess, Karen will be presenting all of the blogs participating on her site. I thought this would be a good incentive to clean my studio...it much needed some reorganizing and cleaning.
I must tell you, that after looking at many of the blogs from last years event...mine was a very small space. My studio began as a home office for my real estate business. Then in 2003, I read my first Somerset Press magazine that inspired me to began my own creating adventure. From there I started card making, scrapbooking, mixed media & recently making jewelry with vintage pieces. Below is my computer area with my shelves built by my talented husband. These shelves mainly hold special pieces of art, photos, scrapbooks of creative ideas I love, and workspace.
Below this photo shows a close up of a piece of art that I made, a hand blown lamp bought on vacation, and Mickey Mouse that was in the box with my Mickey Mouse watch that I received when I was a small girl.
This is the space where most of my work is done, my supplies are within arms reach regardless if I am painting, stamping, sewing, jewelry making and whatever else I may have going on! I recently purchased the hanging lamp from a trip to Key West. I found it in a decorator shop. My husband rewired it with a long hanging cord, and I extended over the desk with a plant hanger. 
I

 Did you notice the closet door in the background. I made the curtain out of linen and trim the bottom with cotton cording trim and the top with rosette trim. I made these entirely without sewing a stitch. Hems and added trim was done with Jodee's Sealah tape. I was amazed at how well this stuff works and holds tight. 


My husband said I organize to reorganize...in another word, I am constantly reorganizing my supplies. I finally found a storage units that work well for all my crafting project. I love the paper organizer, the drawers with dividers , and open spots that allow a basket that holds a project. This also walls my television and other art that I enjoy. I love my little wall lamp that has made many changes from the original shade, it was zebra and recently I did it in burlap and trimmed it with fabric flowers and vintage buttons. I really love how it looks. I love the arrangemnt of old doilies found at flea markets, that are spread across the top of this unit. The vintage jewelry box houses some of my favorite vintage jewelry for projects. I have an old bubble gum rack that I store paints, stamp pads and other supplies.
Below is my favorite of all my storage, it is a vintage parts file. I love all the little compartments to store items for my mixed media projects.
And then last, but not least my office companion, my Burmese cat.

18 comments:

  1. What a colorful, beautiful space!
    I am absolutely green with envy for vintage parts box.

    Warm regards,

    Cathie
    www.cathiecarroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Butch! I love your room but I really love your beautiful kitty! Love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your studio. just the opposite of mine with all that "color" and ever so lovely! I especially love the vintage "parts" file. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful space! It looks like it nurtures you well! Fab curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa - You have just the most perfect and cozy place to call your own! Your special touches make it very special for you - I love your Mickey lamp!! Thecurtains are so wonderful - you have really created a great place to just "be"~~

    and - I love your sweet kitty!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your studio is delightful and looks like such a fun place to spend time. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Teresa!
    Pleased to meet you!! What a great space you have. Love the colors you have in this space!!
    Nice and bright and cheery!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one cool studio. I can see you are one talented lady. Thanks for the lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet studio with so many lovely little touches. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely space...esp the vintage parts cabinet. I love vintage finds for art storage! And your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful space with so many great storage ideas! My husband would say the same thing about me: organizing to reorganize. It can never truly be perfect, can it? :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aloha Teresa,
    You have an adorable creative space, well decorated and organized.
    I love your vintage parts container; love what's in it. Thanks for the great tour of your space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa you studio is Fabulous!! It look like such a happy place to hang out in!!!You vintage parts file is yummy ans I loved the hanging wire mesh light fixture! Thank you so much for participating in this years party!!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teresa,

    Thank you for the visit to my studio. I am so happy to be visiting yours! The colors are great and I also love the parts file and the hanging lamp. Buster is a very handsome boy!

    Love to have you visit again!
    Chrislyn
    spiritdogstudios.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Teresa, Thanks for dropping by my space and leaving a sweet comment. I'm still trying to catch up visiting wonderful studios like yours! This party is so much fun and very inspirational.
    Your creative space is lovely and your collections are wonderful, I like your vintage file with your mixed media projects. Thanks for sharing!
    Best regards,
    Reina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your space is beautiful! I love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some really cool stuff in your craft area!!!! I love your vintage parts file!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your studio room is fantastic, I like the yellow color you have painted, it is very cool.

    Plastic Card
    Discount Card Printing

    ReplyDelete