Saturday, July 14, 2012

2012 Where Bloggers Create

Welcome Friends to my Blog...Foxhollow Tales. Where did the inspiration for the name of my blog name come from ? Simply, I live on Foxhollow Drive and its about my day to day life. The 2012 "Where Bloggers Create Blog Party" gave me the inspiration to blog again. I have been staying nights with my Dad, that is ill since this past February. I have missed being in my creative space. So here it is...my tiny little room. I
My space hasn't changed alot since last year, I moved a few things around. And I must admit...it normally isn't this clean. If I am creating...things are everywhere!

It was a treat meeting Karen Valentine, our wonderful host, in Texas this year at the Paper Cowgirl. She is as beautiful inside, as outside. Thank you Karen, for hosting the blog party once again this year. It is such a treat seeing others  creative spaces. There are some truly inspirational spaces as you skip around looking at everyone else's blogs.


Here is my Creative Space

An old purse of my Mom's with colorful flowers.
It makes me smile.
Vintage jewelry, flowers and lace are my passion.
I love my old parts cabinet for storing my small enephera.

An old printers tray with memories and collectables.
I had a desk & shelves custom built in the odd shape little room, no  desk that I tried ever seemed to fit.  
This is just a fraction of the ribbon I own...I have it wrapped on cards in boxes in the closet organized by color. 
I loved this little bag of my Dad's, and put it to use for storing my vintage photos that I collect.
An old folded book is perfect for notes and photos on my desk.
Above my desk my little women fly...


This is where most of my creating happens...if you look closely you can see lots of paint, cuts, & burns but thats what makes it perfect.
This is just a few of my many stamps....
The best part...my special helpers, my granddaughters, Ava & Anna
And we can't forget little Chopin, our Burmese kitten. He sleeps in this antique grocery cart in the corner of my office. 

Thanks for stopping by...I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed sharing. 

Peace be to all.














22 comments:

  1. It is so great seeing where my dear friend creates.... and sharing your love of creativity with your granddaughter's is such a gift! My thoughts with you and your dad..... he is so blessed to have such a loving daughter to tend to his needs! Cannot wait to see you in November!!
    Kadee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kadee, such a wonderful soul you are. I had no idea you was a part of Where Bloggers Create. I was a little hesitant about participating considering this was the only day that I have had to work on taking pics and publishing. I love your blog and I look the new look. Thank you for your kind words and I also look forward to seeing you in November.

      Delete
  2. Such a creative, inspiring space. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the tour of your creative space. I'm inspired to do something like that on my blog. However, piles of scribbled notes on small scraps of paper won't be half as interesting as yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your space. Wouldn't expect less from such a creative and loving person. Wish I had some of your energy. Very lucky to have you in my life and claim you as "my sister".

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I like/have many similar things, right down to the custom desk for an odd shaped room! I loved seeing your space. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your vintage touches in this room. The reminders of your parents are wonderful. The cat basket-cute. My blog name is from the street we used to live on-Brookhollow Lane. Thanks for sharing your comfy and pretty space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sister, i so enjoy you sharing your creative space! i get to see your studio in person......and i always leave with a feel good spirit and a happy smile. i know everyone that visits your blog will sit for awhile admiring your creative presentation of old and new objects! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa you are such a sweetie. Thank you so much for your kind words. :) I loved my visit to your studio. I'm sorry to hear your dad is ill. Hopefully he will get better soon, and you can spend more time in your studio creating. (which is super cute by the way!!!! ) I'm glad you decided to share it with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely space, Teresa! I love all the pieces you use on your wall for storage. I'm looking forward to one day bringing my granddaughter into my craft room to make things, too. Yours are so cute! Thanks for sharing your tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - We have a mutual love ribbons. I love yours and your granddaughters are darling.
    Thanks for sharing.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your printer tray collage and your creative space....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great space - it's full of wonderful things, things that I can tell are special to you.... I think that's the most important thing is to gather inspiration from things dear to our hearts. I love the organization of it, too. Great space!

    Would love for you to visit soon,
    Heather
    stringtownhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty space you have to create in. I agree, you can't have too many helpers in your studio grands and pets are always welcome. Thank you for opening your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great "little" space you have! Thank goodness there is plenty room for helpers. I love your flying women.... they are adorable!

    I will be back soon to check out more of your creations!

    Take care and keep creating!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your space is fun and inspiring. I love that you have special vintage items that are special to you. I am sure that your grandchildren enjoy spending time there too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwww... I love Chopin!!! What a sweetie. I also adore your parts cabinet... awesome! I think I remember that from last year. Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Teresa, your space is wonderful! I love your flying ladies and little Chopin is darling, as are Ava and Anna. You're lucky to have so many great helpers!

    Blessings,

    Victoria from Brushstrokes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just LOVE your creative space Teresa!! So many wonderful goodies to inspire you and the custom desk and shelves are just perfect! Most of all, I love your precious helpers...every artist needs a few assistants :) Thinking of you and your sweet father, how blessed he is to have you to look after him ~ sending you hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your space so much! It is a very happy, warm place. Ava and Anna are precious!I hope I am blessed with sweet granddaughters one day!
    Thank you for sharing with us.

    hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your colorful space - so many fun things to look at! How lucky to have those custom shelves and beautiful helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Theresa, your craft space is Fun!, especially with two adorable Granddaughters to help you. This is my first time at the party, so I am taking my time visiting everyone. Thank you for the tour.

    Sending Blessings to you and your Dad ~

    ❤ ஆєℓєηα
    ɱεɱσŗγ ɓσх ƈŗεąŧïσŋş

    ReplyDelete