Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Art of Spring in Dallas, Tx

ArtofSpring


Today has finally arrived and I am off to the Art of Spring in Dallas, Texas. My art buddy and bestie, Sheryl is traveling with me.  These gatherings are the talk of the art communities and I feel so fortunate to be able to attend. I am actually feeling a little nervous as I read of all the women attending. Some are very talented artist that I have taken classes from in person and online. Attending for me is to create and learn new skills and challenge me. Its an opportunity to interact with other creative souls. 

WWC1
The host of the event are the mother-daughter design team of Debbie Murray and Shea Fragoso that have been collaborating in creative ways for as long as both can remember. When Shea was growing up, Debbie taught stained glass classes in the community college system and owned a custom design business and fine art painting studio. When Shea finished school, they owned gift shops together in Southern California. Shea became a highly sought-after jewelry designer; her creations appeared in dozens of fashion magazines and graced the red carpet several times. Both women designed products for the gift industry and sold pieces to collectors around the world. In 2009, Debbie and Shea completed a major remodeling of a gothic church in Dallas, Texas. Here, they indulged in their love of crowns and European design and were constantly inspired by the architecture and the light.
WWC2
We have been told that Shea and Debbie have signed two book deals, and there will be a professional photographer following us around during the entire event. What do I wear?
Let me not forget, here are a couple of the items I will be making...
CharmBracelet




1 comment: