Sunday, June 21, 2009

Always Learning New Things


A few weeks ago I signed up for a Doodle Class with Stephanie Ackerman of Homegrown Hospitality. It is one of my favorite blogs to follow, and felt that I was a doodler at heart….but mine didn’t quite look as awesome as Stephanies’. So….. I thought here was my chance to learn some techniques from the master. It all started with searching for the right pens, pencils and erasers. I also learned that using cardstock made a huge difference in my projects. We have had a few assignments, but because work has been so hectic, most of my practicing is around midnight. This weekend, I have taken some time to get caught up and done some of the practice sheets we were given. On the left is one of my completed assignments............There are plenty of talented people in this class sharing their projects. I loved this one on the right by Lauri. This opened up my eyes to more possibilities to using your words than just on cards. How cute is this, she made her words, cut them out and used them like a flower arrangements.

Gotta go…got a great afternoon planned with my Husband and my Dad - 2 great men in my life that are the best Dads! We are going to Lowe’s to pick my Dad out a couple new trees for Father’s Day and then heading to Outback for a great meal. And Happy Fathers Day to my son, Brendhan who is such a good Daddy to his 2 little girls.
I hope you are near enough to your dad that you can give him a hug today. I know I sure am gonna! So thankful for my dear father.
I'll try and post more this week! Lots and great things coming up, vacation time, classes for real estate and a biggie planned for 2010, art class in Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment