Tuesday, June 30, 2009









Yes, that is a picture of the wide open spaces in Iowa. Wide open fields with corn, beans, and I don't know what else is out there. But, it is beautiful driving down the highway just to see. We are planning to leave Friday to drive to see family for a week. Our plans have been put on hold for the moment...Dave's Dad, Charlie had to return to the hospital this past Saturday. The past year he has had cancer and two knee surgeries. Seems like when he starts getting better...something happens. Say a prayer that everything will test out good this time. We always enjoy our visits to Iowa. There are so many things to see and do there that are very different than Oklahoma. Did you know that the Bridges of Madison County, Field of Dreams, Grant Woods and John Wayne's birthplace lived in Iowa? I love to eat German food, never realized that I loved it so much until I got to eat authentic food in that area. Shop the antique stores and galleries are abundant in the Cedar Rapid's area. A nd we always visit the Amana Colonies whenever we go. It is always filled with a big 4th of July family gathering at Dave's parents house. A day full of laughter, food, and bocce ball tournament.
Dave's parent had planned to not have the big blowout this year due to Charlie not feeling well and up to a houseful of company. But, for now....we are waiting to see if the time will be good for us to be there. We might need to alter our plans. Go sooner. Go later. We just miss them and pray for the best for them right now.


Say hello to Butch. This is where he has been spending the hot summer days.

On another note....I've been busy with real estate and trying to get things done before I leave town. I have been feeling extremely creative and craving to spend time with my new Tim Holtz stamps, mask, and techniques I have been learning. I will post some of my stuff later.

Gotta get busy and go to work. Hope you have a wonderful day and I hope your summer allows your family time and resources to take a family trip. If not, enjoy each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment